Sunday, January 30, 2011

Kids are still sick, NJ visit is almost here. Thursdays (high) is 23*?!

It is Sunday and the kids STILL have runny noses. Not thin watery runny noses, but thick snot! UGH i fear that they will still have colds when we have to fly. I hope they do not because I really do not want the sinus pressure messing with their ears. They are both in great spirits and I would never know they had a cold besides their noses. Still gross though.

Devin is VERY anxious to get moving this week to NJ. He asks if we can just move to NJ so we do not have to fly to visit family. I wish we could. Someday in the next few years I told him, maybe for kindergarten. He was excited that he could possibly go to kindergarten in NJ since that is all he looks forward to since he gets to ride on a school bus when he goes to kindergarten. I did not want to crush his dreams and tell him Mommy only rode on a school bus (maybe) three times in her whole life to and from school. He is going to help me pack today and that makes him happy. I like to prepack so I am not scrambling the day of departure. May be the ocd in me, but I like to have everything categorized out and organized so I do not forget anything. Since we are flying Southwest, I can bring anything I need since the bags are free to check. Packing for winter takes up so much more space than summer clothes do as well as the need for diapers for Riley. Hopefully next time we get on a plane she will not need a diaper anymore.

There are a few things on the agenda for when we go back east, but I must say this time is much more relaxed than other trips. Maybe it is because it is 6 days instead of 4, but I like it better when I am not crazy busy with obligations. I will not have a car and that is fine by me. It is nice just to be able to "be" and hang out without the thought in the back of my mind that I have to be in a bazillion places over the course of the trip. It is more enjoyable when you are not dragging the kids somewhere for the am, then somewhere for the afternoon. They get tired and cranky and I get tired and cranky and I am sure people think I have cranky kids since they only see them once a year. Oh well. :)

I am going to make a Target run today and pick up some new activities for the flight. If you have any suggestions, FB or email me. I did buy a new Melissa and Doug magnetic dress up doll so each kid has one. We will bring the DVD player with a dozen movies as well as crayons and a coloring book. I have a Little Einstein magnetic activity as well. The flight itself is 5 hours long after we sit in the airport for an hour or so then an hour to get the luggage and to the car rental (for Frank to get to work) and drive to Medford Lakes. It makes for a long day with a 3.5 year old and an almost 2 year old. Riley should sleep on the plane as she always does on the little bed I make her on the floor, but on a good day that only lasts about an hour in the plane. Thank God the TSA allows kids to bring any drinks on and food because without their drinks and snacks I would be lost.

I keep checking the forecast for NJ to see if we may get snow. Dev is really hoping it will snow so he can build a snowman with his Aunts Kelly and Dana. As of now, we may get snow Saturday and sadly that is the only day we have obligations in the am and pm. BOO. Maybe it will snow in the afternoon while Riley naps. Wednesday is calling for rain/freezing rain so we may run into an issue with ice and delays. Guess I will have to keep an eye on that. Thursdays high is 23*. LOL. That is pretty FRICKING cold. Talk about temperature shock for our first day back. Looks like I will not be leaving Cookie's house Thursday. 


Thu


Feb 03 Mostly Sunny 23°/13° 0 %

Fri

Feb 04 Mostly Sunny 30°/23° 10 %

Sat

Feb 05 Snow Shower 36°/24° 50 %

Sun

Feb 06 Partly Cloudy 35°/24° 0 %

Mon

Feb 07 Partly Cloudy 38°/29° 20 %

Tue

Feb 08 Mostly Cloudy 37°/23° 20 %

No comments:

Post a Comment