Saturday, January 22, 2011

We are coming back to NJ! YAY......

Since early November, we knew that Frank's company was hosting a gala Super Bowl weekend down in AC. I had a choice that I could go home to NJ for a visit either the first weekend in December and go to the company Christmas party, or home in Feb for the gala in AC. I chose December so the family could see the kids at Christmas time and to be honest, I am just too impatient. Who wants to wait another 8 weeks, when you can go now? The visit then was great and most of the family was able to see the kids.

When Frank got the invite to the event he told me he wasn't even going to go because he has to be in Cali the Monday after flying home from NJ on Sunday. Now here is the great part, he has meetings in NJ that he is required to be in attendance Thursday the 3rd of Feb and that Friday with the event that Saturday night. Frank was also told that he was expected to be at the gala Saturday night. We looked up tickets and they were reasonable ($700 w taxes RT for Devin and I). Riley is still free for another 6 weeks so that really worked out timing wise. I am flying into PHL with Frank but out alone with the kids since I will stay a few extra days to hang out.

Devin is SO excited to go to NJ. He already asked Grammy (Cookie) if his big bed is ready for him. She has a queen sized bed in one of her guest rooms that is a double pillow top and is about 4 feet off the ground so he thinks that is just the coolest. He has already packed his carry on bag and had brought it downstairs for me to see what he put in there. He also laid a few outfits on his dresser that he wanted to bring. He told me that he laid them out since I never brought up the suitcase. He again did pretty well. Two pairs of jammies, two play outfits, jeans, khakis, a belt, about 10 pairs of underwear and a few socks. He told me I need to help him with his sweaters since he cannot reach them. I had to remind him that NJ is freezing cold and not warm out like Las Vegas. He wants to build a snow man that will not melt away "right away."

Here is another awesome part. When we were first told about this event, we were told it was going to be black tie. SUPER FUN! I love black tie events. I even had a dress to wear to that. The invitation says 'cocktail attire' (still good) but, since it is not black tie-I get to go shopping. Cheering all around. I will of course just hit up the White House Black Market outlet since they are my go-to for dresses and I KNOW I have shoes to match anything from there. Oh and it is at the Borgota which is great. I wish we had another $250 for the room for the night. Oh wait, shoot-forgot for a split second I have two kids to come home to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment