Thursday, January 13, 2011

I LOVE to shop good deals. Today was no different...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE to shop and Frank HATES HATES HATES it. Ha ha, not really since I do score great deals and in the long run, it does save him money. He doesn't understand why it is so fun for me. I do not think most boys understand why shopping is so much fun. As I have said before, I am a serious deal hunter and down right cheap at times especially for my kids clothes. I would never buy anything at full price for my two kids. They do not wear it long enough and I know that it will go on sale in 2-4 weeks after it is introduced in a store, not to mention that there are coupons out there all the time.

Gymboree Gymbucks redemption period started yesterday for gymbucks that were earned in the two months from Nov through Christmas. I earned $125 in gymbucks from stuff I bought for our kids and gifts for other peoples children for Christmas. In order to redeem those gymbucks I had to tally up $250 in merchandise and then the store takes the $125 off. I honestly thought I may have a hard time with this since I would be shopping clearance fall/winter for next years sizes. I ended up finding a lot of stuff for both kids all being outfits (beside one kitty shirt she can wear with a jean skirt). I do not buy random pieces ahead unless they will go with jeans simply because I am anal and want the kids clothes to match, plus it is WAY easier to resell clothes in outfits.  I also have a Gymboree Visa and that takes 5% off of my total after I redeem the gymbucks which helps since tax in Nevada is 8.1%.

Retail this stuff is worth $531.85 (with taxes) I bought it for (after gymbucks/visa discount) $135.18 (with taxes). So that is a savings of $396.67. I saved 74.6 %! You cannot even buy clothes at WalMart or Target this cheap! I do resell the kids clothes on EBay and Gymboree resells pretty well. I do wash in warm or cold and hang to dry so both kids clothes usually show minimal to no wash wear at the end of the season. Since I make so much money reselling on EBay and locally on CL, we typically do not need to spend too much out of pocket.  

Below are are pictures of all the stuff I bought. Last time I posted about shopping people asked what I bought...so here it all is!

two long sleeve tees, fleece pants and mesh lined athletic pants



swiss long sleeve tee with fleece lined pants, 2 undies

khakis, skinny jeans and cords




skinny pants, long sleeve tee, long sleeve tee with leggings,
 two pairs of matching socks and corker bows

sweater dress, matching tights, corkers (same pair as other pic) shoes to go with this and other pic

  
5 pairs of undies and kitty short sleeve t

long sleeve tee, leggings, long sleeve t, velour leggings and matching ankle socks




















No comments:

Post a Comment