Monday, January 17, 2011

Time to start planning Rileys 2nd Birthday


Riley at 12 mo March 2010

Riley will be 2 in less than two months. Time to start planning her birthday party. Having her birthday in March is awesome for Las Vegas weather. It should be a perfect 80 degree day with plenty of sunshine. We will have her party here at the house this year (and every year until she wants to do something different). Frank and I are planning on renting a bounce house for the party to help entertain the kids out back. They are reasonably priced at $75 for the day and the people come and set them up and take them down for you.

She is not really into any one character or cartoon since we do not spend much time in front of the television. She does like the talking Elmo dolls we have upstairs and that is one of the words she does say ALL the time so she will be having an Elmo birthday party. This works out well because Devin's first birthday party was Sesame Street and I have left over supplies that I can use up for Riley. I just cannot believe my baby is going to be 2 in just a few weeks! Crazy. 

I will be taking her out in the next few weeks here once the nice warm weather sticks to take her 2 year pictures. I really would like to go back to the Bellagio's conservatory but they have it all decorated for the Chinese New Year right now and that does not really go well with 2nd birthday celebrations. I just love how much color and texture they have there! I can always do a park again I guess...boo because it is all desert landscaping there and very minimal color. I LONG for the spring flowers back east. Tulips, Hyacinths, daffodils-sigh. One day.....

Devin wants to have a Mickey Mouse party this year at a bounce house place. Since his birthday is in June, we typically have 100-110 degree days and that is just TOO hot to have it at our house since our house is not that big. His first two birthdays were at the house, but now that a bunch of kids and their parents come over, it is just too crowded. Last year, we hosted his party at our pool where there was a club house and child's activity room. That was a success, but I would not grill this year since Frank has to stand at the massive grill for an hour. We would probably just make sammies and have meatballs or something. We shall see what he decides as we get closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment