Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Kids have colds, leaving next week-getting old sucks

Devin caught a cold from someone at our house Friday during the Tastefully Simple party. He was stuffed and had a runny nose by Sunday morning. It was a mild cold and I figured he would kick it after a day or two...not the case. Riley is now sick and I have clogged sinuses. Riley is the worst with seriously snotty nose and is now crying and saying "ouch" and holding her ears. SUPER. She has not been sleeping well either for the last two nights. She typically takes a nap from 1/1:30 to 3/4pm but today she was out cold by 12:15. That is good since I made her pediatricians appointment for 4 pm and its a half hour away. I typically do not take them in to the doctor for colds since there is nothing that a ped can do, but since she was complaining that her ears were hurting I am taking her right in. Riley has never been on an anti-biotic and Devin has only once for a mild ear infection when he was 2.5. Here's to hoping this goes away by the start of the weekend.

We leave in one week from today for NJ. I am starting to get excited. There is a lot of time between now and then but at least we can now see part of the forecast on weather.com. I am glad my sister Dana is able to fly up from FL to see the kids too. I know she hates when she misses out on time with the kids. She and her husband Troy do call the kids on skype weekly so they can keep in touch with them. Devin LOVES Uncle Troy. He tells me that Uncle Troy works on boats and that he has the coolest 'work' ever. Sadly Devin will not be able to see his bff next weekend when we are back east since Troy has to stay in FL to attend the JAX boat show. Devin did let me know that he will see him next year in FL when we go there for vacation. Do we have a vacation planned to JAX? Nope, but Devin assumes we do since we went there last year. Devin is SUPER excited to go ice skating next weekend. He told me he wants to play hockey and make a snowman. Let's hope we get some fresh snow.

Getting old really stinks. I am not 85 and dying, but I am slowly starting to notice how age is effecting me. I will be turning 30 this year and I have noticed changes. For example, it now only takes me a glass of wine to get a buzz or three beers....and it only takes 1/2 of a glass of wine or 2 beers to feel like poo the next morning. I now will only have a drink the days I work out since I know the next day I will be not 100% first thing in the am. I also am down to the same weight as I was the day I graduated from high school, but I am no where near the same body composition. Damn aging process. Damn pregnancy/post baby process times two.  I know I sound like I am 50+ and talking about my face sagging....but these are things I am dealing with now. I never thought at the (young) age of 29 that I would feel so bad about my body. I work out regularly, eat pretty well, do not drink much and get at least 8-9 hrs of sleep a night and I still look like a truck ran me over at times. Stretch marks are the devil. Saggy skin is as well. OK I am done complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment