Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Holy sh*t did that really just happen? New sofa in the future?

OK, so Devin, Riley and I were upstairs. Devin was reading books in his room, Riley was playing with her dolls in the play room and I was in her room putting away clothes. Mind you it does not take more than 3 or so minutes to put her clothes away where they belong. In that time she was able to take her pants off, take her (apparently) poopy diaper off and proceed to jump all over the sofa. Yes, smearing it all over the back cushions and one seat cushion. How did I know this happened? When I walked out of her room and back to the washer, she came to me with her poopy diaper in hand and I saw it all up her back. (she also pooped after lunch just 2 hours ago)Walked over to the playroom and saw the couch.

Where do I start? I picked her up under her armpits and let her hang in front of me while I walked to Devin's room and told him to keep the dogs off the couch. I cleaned her up, put a new diaper on her and her jeans back on then went into the playroom. The one couch cushion cover does come off, so I unzipped that and immediately put it in the washer with a LOAD of bleach. Is the couch white? NO, but I do not care if one cushion is no longer beige. I have no clue what I am going to do with the back cushions. They are not a universal size, and they are not white either. My mom told me just to scrub it off, but I have to use bleach to feel comfortable with anyone ever sitting on the sofa again. It was not just a lil bit, it was 8 or so inches of smear on every pillow. Gag me now. Oh and she ate carrots last night at dinner. Have you vomited in your mouth a little yet? I sure did.  I will be attempting to shove one pillow in at a time into the washer (thank god for super sized front loader) and washing on HOT with bleach. I would not mind if the colors came out a little faded but this sofa is a sectional and cannot be covered with one of those covers you can buy at the store, nor can the back pillows be covered since they are an odd size. If that does not work, then a new sofa it is!

We bought this sofa in 2003 from a neighbor of Franks parents. They had just bought it a year prior for their formal living room and long story short had to turn that room into a hospital type room for their in law. We got a almost new couch for $800 including the matching tables so if we need to get a new couch 8 years later then I guess it is time. This couch has seen its day too. It went out the back slider and over the balcony of our 2rd floor apartment in NJ since it would not fit out the front door. After that it lived in Pittsburgh, NJ then two houses here in Vegas.  Hopefully the pillows fit in the wash so we can make this last until we move again in another short years.......

No comments:

Post a Comment